What To Expect At Your Massage
While the massage experience I provide is both relaxing and therapeutic, having a massage – especially if it’s your first time – can be a little mystifying. To help put you at ease with your massage experience, these are the details you can expect on the day of your massage.
Ready for Your Massage?
Your Massage Experience
- Parking is available behind the building, and entrance is on the side of the building, through the EZ Beauty door; this opens to a shared waiting room between my treatment space and EZ Beauty’s.
- After showing you into the room, I will leave briefly to allow you time to undress down to your comfort level.
- The main oil I use for your massage is Jojoba oil infused with lavender essential oil. Jojoba is closest in composition to your body’s own oils and is hypoallergenic.
- During your massage, you will be covered by a sheet and a blanket. Only the body part that is being worked on will be undraped.
- When laying face down, rest your arms wherever they are comfortable. If your arms need to be moved during your massage, I will communicate this with you, and assist as needed.
During this unprecedented time, I have incorporated several new steps in my practice of massage to encourage our mutual safety and protection.
The Massage Room
- All surfaces a previous client or myself may have touched will be disinfected: Massage table, face rest and oil and lotion bottles. Openings to oil and lotion bottles are no-contact.
- The restroom is disinfected after each client use.
- All massage table linens are freshly changed for each client.
- A HEPA filter is running at all times.
- When weather permits between clients, I open both doors leading to the outside; this creates an ideal cross breeze for extra ventilation and airing out.
At Your Massage
- Hand sanitizer is available for you to apply before beginning your massage.
- I wash my hands directly before beginning your massage, and promptly after it ends.
- Masks are now optional in accordance with the CDC recommendations. A copy of those recommendations can be found here.
- My default is to wear a mask at the start of a session with new clients, and continue wearing a mask, regardless of my own vaccinated status, during any session where a client chooses to keep a mask on.
- When laying face down, there will be a loose pillowcase hanging down from the face rest acting as a loose face mask.
CANCELLATION POLICY (During COVID)
- I currently offer a no penalty cancellation policy. If you have any signs of illness, your appointment must be cancelled; you are welcome to reschedule when you are feeling better.
- I appreciate as much notice as possible of cancelling your appointment, but I am currently suspending any fees for last minute cancellations and no-show appointments.
- If you are a repeat no-show or last minute cancel, I will require prepayment before booking additional appointments, and will be keeping that cost of the service in the case of any additional no-shows, or last minute cancellations.